Headteacher: Mrs J Boylan
At Savile Park Primary School, our School Council is made up of elected members who give the school its ‘pupil voice’. Members are a highly valued group of children who represent the voice and opinions of all the children within our school. Through our school council we aim to develop young leadership skills, whilst supporting student democracy. Most importantly, our strong team of councillors aim to promote the well-being of the children within our inclusive school.
In 2018-2019 these children are:
The School Council is an ideal opportunity for pupils to get more involved in the way the school is run. The School Council benefits the whole school, pupils and teachers, because it provides opportunities for pupils to communicate their feelings as well as influence decisions that are made.
We have an active School Council with a representative from each class from Year 2 to Year 6. Each member was elected by their classmates at the beginning of the school year, after a short presentation explaining why they should be elected. The School Council then follows the principles of a democratic society to make decisions.
Members of the council meet monthly, taking part in school projects, organising fund raising events, discussing issues related to the curriculum and taking suggestions from their classmates.
– Working to develop a more accessible playground.
– Working with Eden Foods to review the school meals and extend them to include a salad bar.
– Selecting the Charity of the Year
– Shortlisting of possible new School Logos which have been passed to the Governors for consultation.
– Discussion of possible maintenance upgrades to the school and their impact on ALL pupils.